Meeting times

MONTHLY MEETINGS: (Except January) Meet 2nd Tuesday at 7:00 pm CT. Barfield Crescent Park's Wilderness Station, 401 Volunteer Road, Murfreesboro


Sunday, April 24, 2011

Short Springs State Natural Area Part One: MACHINE FALLS 4-22-11

This is a two part post. Since I am leading a hike at Short Springs tomorrow I thought I'd take my beagle on a pre-hike so that I would at least know where I'm going while leading people tomorrow.

I did the 2 mile Machine Falls loop and the falls, the highlight of Short Springs was beautiful and flowing nicely. The wildflowers, while diminishing were still colorful and I can tell that the humidity is returning to Middle Tennessee. I think I sweat completely through my shirt and it was only two miles. Charles Barkley fared better, he sat in the water up to his neck. Beagles are smart dogs.

Part Two of this post tomorrow will be the Bobo Creek Trail with Busby Falls also at Short Springs and a side trip to the Rutledge Falls that is just down the road.





























To view the full gallery click HERE!

No comments: