Meeting times

MONTHLY MEETINGS: (Except January) Meet 2nd Tuesday at 7:00 pm CT. Barfield Crescent Park's Wilderness Station, 401 Volunteer Road, Murfreesboro


Thursday, March 7, 2013

Retirement - Jim Schroeder


It is with great sadness that I am forced to announce my retirement as an avid hiker, trail builder and trail designer due to a recent health condition. However as things now stand I will be able to continue my enjoyment of the outdoors by slow paced strolls along flat surfaces (no hills) such as Murfreesboro’s and other extensive greenway systems, and continue with routine daily activity limited only by breathing rate.

On the other hand, I have been so blessed with the chance to have participated in the expanding of opportunities for others to enjoy the wonderful natural beauty of the great state of Tennessee. The hiking and trail friendships during the past 14 years  these endeavors have provided will always be a cherished part of my life. There are many fond, and in retrospect, some pretty funny memories that I shall always embrace.

Thank you all for the opportunity to know and work with so many great people – I have always said that there are no finer people in the world than hikers and trail builders.

Happy Trails to all in the years to come!

Jim Schroeder

Please feel free to forward this info to whoever you think might be interested.

No comments: